Friday, September 10, 2010

Girls Weekend


The mom and I went on a "Girls Trip" with two of our very dear friends, Ki and Sue. We headed to the great state of Missouri, in the great city of Shell Knob, sometime in the afternoon of Wednesday, August 18, and arrived by evening, after stopping at one of the Eight Wonders of Kansas- Chicken Annie's- good fried chicken yo! 'Cept of course i couldn't have any of the fried stuff. Darn Gluten.
Icy Mae's, one of the Knob's hottest eateries:)
This was a monumental trip in more ways than one. First, it was my first night being away from my hubby since well...our first night together. I missed him SOOO much. But the sacrifice was worth it, because these dear ladies that tripped with us were leaving our presence for quite some time soon after. Why can't any of my friends stay in one place?? Ack! Ki and Sue were off to Colorado Springs, home of the Grichelle's. Can't blame them, really, the Springs are heavenly. Colorado itself is one big adventure waiting to happen. So at least they headed towards a viable location that i would be happy to visit them in. :)

At the famous hotel, umm..i forget the name. It's famous, though. Mom's looking at the huge stone Jesus statue looming in the distance.
The highlight of the trip, minus the lounging lakeside, was an always welcome trip to the Gay Capital of the Midwest, Eureka Springs! My eyes get tired after looking around at that artsy little town. It's so intriguing. I should think i would be going crazy with creativity and inspiration if i lived in that little place.  But boy, do they need Jesus. Anybody wanna go be a witness to this place? I highly recommend it. 

dozens of these local artsies.

rather picturesque.
It was wonderful to have a break with two very influential ladies in my life, and two who were a huge part in my wedding prep and wedding day. Of course, i didn't get to fully enjoy their presence in detail during that time, so it was a blessing to catch up for a couple of days "away", in the oasis and childhood vacation spot i call the Knob of the Shell.

a wicker motorcycle, yet i find my mother's expression even more hilarious.
Just a small update on what's been going on. Hopefully, i will get some recipes up soon, since i have been baking/cooking like MAD!

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That last picture is too cute!!! It looks like you had a great time!

Erin said...

How did I miss this post? Last year we went to Eureka Springs with my whole family - and it was awesome...right up until we realized it was Diversity Weekend ;)WOW.